Friday, January 6, 2012

Back at it!

Happy New Year faithful readers!

It seems that since my last post Blogger has changed some things up ... wonder if this will look any different once I press "Publish"

Some exciting things coming down the pipe for 2012, and I thought I'd quickly share!

Goal Race - Ironman CdA

The goal race for this year is Ironman Coeur d'Alene, held at the end of June.  While I'll normally only race an iron-distance event every second year (2011 was Ironman Canada, and so will 2013), the reality is that this is my final season racing in the 25-29 year age group, so we thought it best if I take advantage of the "big fish, not so little pond" syndrome.

Lots of strong Vancouver athletes are heading down to do this race, so I'm sure I'll have lots of company on those early season long rides, and lots of motivation to race fast when June approaches.

Fun Race - The Mission Classic Gran Fondo


missionclassic.ca
While I don't always settle on my B and C priority events leading up to something big like Ironman Coeur d'Alene, one ride I'll definitely be doing at the end of May is the new Mission Classic GranFondo.  This race is organized by Outback Events, the same team that puts on the Oliver and Desert Half triathlons in the Okanagan (among other races)


Back in September, Joe Dixon had a small group of riders head out to Mission to ride part of the course, get some video footage, and give our feedback on the ride.  Some pretty cool shots of Speed Theory athletes Anthony Toth, Rachel Kiers, and myself.  You've probably seen the promo video for the event, but because I'm in it, you should probably go watch it again (scroll to the bottom of the page)

New Old Friends - Leading Edge



Another exciting development is my new involvement with Leading Edge.  I trained with this group of dedicated athletes back in 2008 (I think?) and have always admired how they are able to mix hard work with having a lot of fun.  So, after being approached by Head Coach (and all-round awesome guy) Andrew Tuovinen I'll be joining the club as their Run Coach for their Wednesday night quality sessions.

Judging by the number of athletes who braved the sideways rain this past Wednesday, this should be a fun year!

And Speaking of Coaching

And speaking of coaching, I have also started to coach dedicated individual athletes for triathlon, running, and cycling events for 2012.  Not a whole ton I want to say at this point, as I'm dedicating all my energy towards getting my athletes going for their key races.  When I have more information that I want to get out publically, though, you'll see it here first!

All the best in reaching your own goals for 2012!

~ liquid



No comments:

Post a Comment